Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sending Excess Baggage to Korea

If you are living in Sydney and thinking of heading to Korea DO NOT take your excess baggage to the airport and pay their baggage fees. I had packed two bags that weighed a total of 32kg but I only had a 20kg limit on my economy ticket with Korean Air. I rang the airline and was told that it would cost me $38 per kilo for excess baggage. NO WAY was I going to pay that. So instead I sent one of the bags through a Korean health store in Strathfield.

Directions:
When you head into Strathfield from the M4 or Parramatta Rd, you turn right at the round about before you get to the station and take the left turning lane at the first set of lights. Immediately you will find a large apartment building on the right hand corner of that street. At the bottom of the apartment block are two health stores.

I went into the smaller of the two health stores and sent my bag with them and it only cost me $92 to send two 7kg bags. That's cheaper than having to pay for 3 extra kilos at the airport! The store is a combined dvd store, blanket shop, health food store and international courier service. It only takes about 5 days for it to get there. I looked into using Jetta but they require you to send 15kg minimum and when I rang them the guy was so rude. This is a great option!

No comments:

Post a Comment