Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bibimbap (cheap and easy eats)

For my first home cooked meal in Korea I went for the easiest thing to make; Bibimbap.

Last night I went to Mega Mart and bought a cute pink rice cooker so that I could start cooking. Today on my way home I picked up some rice, eggs and gochujang sauce. At a street store I bought vegies to go into the bibimbap (only 2,000 won). They were already seasoned with sesame oil so I didn't need anything else. This was a CHEAP meal and there were enough vegies to store so I can cook bibimbap another day this week.

I don't believe this is the best bibimbap out there - I am sure people have much nicer ones but this has all the traditional flavours and was yummy, cheap and easy to make.

1. Cook the rice and fry an egg sunny side up.

2. Prepare vegetables in sesame oil (spinach, beat sprouts and gosari 고사리 - I had to google this. It's actually part of a fern)


3. Put the rice in a bowl. Arrange the vegetables, add gochujang sauce, mix and eat.


Too easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment