Friday, December 30, 2011

Korean Style Work Party

I haven't officially started at my company yet but I dropped into their party tonight to meet everyone and have a good time with some workmates. It was very different to what I expected. I thought it might be uncomfortable with the boss and his wife as well as the director and managers. I was completely wrong.

I have found that at this workplace, rather than just being coworkers, it's like they are family. Everyone is so welcoming and wonderful.

The night started off with Ollie and I meeting Bianca on her 'special class' at Dive Bar and then we headed back to the company before heading to the party venue. The company had booked a restaurant/bar for us to go to and we all paid 10,000 won (under $10) for food and alcohol. They had heaps of food; camp stew, patbingsu, fried stuff, noodles... who can even remember!The tables got rearranged 3 times to suit the number of people that were there, finally ending in this massive long table with the boss at the head. Every now and then he would stop the party for speeches and cheers to which we were all to drink. Obviously not knowing this, it was a big night!

It was a great time and at the end we were all given a small package with 10,000 won from the boss and his wife for taxis. Everyone is so nice. I can't wait to start working with such wonderful people.

With Co-workers Bianca and Angela

Even though it was blurry, I couldn't not put up a photo of the first time I have ever seen people eat cake with chopsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment