Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tonight's all about mando pop

It's really interesting how much your music taste can change over time. I was reading this blog that someone wrote about how now they are 30 there are some albums they just can't listen to anymore. It's a bit like how some peopole used to like Take That back when they were in primary school and now it's just too embarrassing to mention (except online of course);)! I think though that it's mainly in reference to getting over the music of teenage and early 20s angst. I used to be really heavily into depressing music to the point that one ex-boyfriend actually played some music I had left at his place to his friends before they met me and they thought he was dating some emo chick. Now my music has changed and I have become an equal opporunity Asian music lover. K-Hip Hop and Rap, K-Ballads, Mando Pop, J-Heavy Metal - you mention it, I'll probably have heard of it. Having said that, I just looked up the US Billboard Hot 100 and of the top 10 I know Adele, Rihanna, Maroon 5 (but seriously, who even knew they were still making music?), David Guetta and Gym Class Heroes (and only because Cupid's Chokehold used to be all over My Space a thousand years ago!). The rest of the artists I have not even heard of.

Yesterday I was in the mood for K-ballads. Tonight is all about the Mando Pop. Of course, everyone loves the big names Jay Chou and Wang Lee Hom. But at the moment I am listening heaps to Jason Zhang and Da Mouth. Da Mouth is the best music to listen to while exercising.

Great singers and songs. They make me cry, put me to sleep at night and push me that extra kilometre.

Wang Lee Hom: Heartbeat (so romantic - *sigh*)


Da Mouth: Rock It (I love this band. They are so upbeat and their MVs crack me up!)


Jay Chou: Listen to Mama's Words (Very emotional - don't take your mum for granted)


Jason Zhang: This is Love

No comments:

Post a Comment