Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Moochi

I LOVE MOOCHI! Not Mochi the Japanese Rice Cake but MOOCHI Frozen Yoghurt.

As a regular Strathfield person I have seen this place since its opening a few months ago and have always wanted to try it. A few weeks ago my unnies took me there and we got this massive container of frozen yoghurt and fruit. It was beautiful. I have wanted to expose all of my friends to it because it is JUST THAT GOOD!

For the past few Saturdays I have been doing the Clovelley to Bondi coastal walk and have both times convinced my friends to stop by Strathfield to try this MUST HAVE yoghurt. Both friends loved it:)

Tonight I took some teachers I work with there after dinner in the Bakehouse Quarter. They were a bit hesitant at first; even going so far as to think up ways of getting out of trying this frozen yoghurt that I think sounded weird to them. Now I know it's huge in America but in Australia we don't really have frozen yoghurt shops. Needless to say, they LOVED it.

Here is the one I had. Original yoghurt (love the tanginess) with strawberries, almonds and blueberries. If you ever go there you really have to try it with almonds. THE BEST.


I intended to take a photo before I started eating it. As you can see I forgot until half way through because it is so yummy I just had to have it.


They come in 4 flavours at the moment; original, pomegranate, green tea and mango. I think the mango is a limited edition flavour though. Additionally, you can add different types of fruits, nuts and seeds, as well as chocolate. I have not tried it with chocolate. I can't imagine chocolate yoghurt. The fruit ones are so refreshing.


If anyone gets to Strathfield anytime soon, check it out. Plus the people working there are really nice:) Don't be dissuaded from going in. There is usually a long line up, especially at night, but you get served pretty quickly and it is worth it. Although it may sound like it; I do not actually work there! Just want to share the Moochi love:)

2 comments:

  1. yes ive been there apparently its a korean franchise,i would love to open one up in brisbane as there is a good sized korean community there also around goldcoast,i wonder how much a franchise would cost ill get my girlfriend to find out she is korean,love this yogurt tops .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing. With such warm weather up there everyone would love Moochi, whether they are Korean or not. Hope you get to do it!:)

    ReplyDelete