Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Friends, Daily Life and Stuff

So it's no surprise that again I write about Gwangalli. By now, you'd probably have figured out that I love this place to bits and would love to claim it as my own private haven. Unfortunately, it is not an unknown secret but the single best place in Busan. Some people love Seomyeon for the shops and restaurants and the downtown location. Others prefer Haeundae and all the trappings of the large stretch of beach with millions of foreigners. Still more like to hang out in Kyungsung - my area - which I do love for it's convenience, sense of home and really, as I have been told many times before, you can live in this area and never leave it. What more could you need apart from restaurants, cafes, bars and young crowds? There is one simple answer. Gwangalli.

Yes I am obsessed, but seriously who wouldn't be? It is one of the most gorgeous areas with the stunning beach, the lights from Gwangan Bridge, cafes, cheap restaurants, a million seafood restaurants if you like that sort of thing and friendly people.

I personally love walking from Kyungsung to Gwangalli, having coffe, and then continue walking along the beach, to the river and along the boardwalk. You can pass Shinsegae in Centum City and even further. Here are some wonderful shots from my latest walk with a friend.







What else happened this week? It's actually pretty short because Friday is a day off work as we only work 20 days per month.

Tuesday for Valentines Day I make my students chocolate covered strawberries. They tasted really good, despite their unusual appearance. Here is one really fuzzy picture of one of my classes sampling the yumminess. Then there they are posing for the cover of our 10am English Conversation Class Cookbook that will be produced this week and cost like a million won!



And of course I can't forget my coffee date with Blaire, one of the most wonderful women on the planet. I think she is trying to convert me into become a Kpop idol fan but she won't sway me - K-ballads and K-HipHop/Rap all the way!


Catching up with Yoonseok is always a joy and we have a fun time eating, shopping, walking and gossiping about boys and relationships. Such a girly night!


My Brit co-worker and friend showing off his Valentines day collection.


Hehehe... mine is bigger!:P

No comments:

Post a Comment