Thursday, February 2, 2012

End of Month Dinner with Students

I have been blessed with the opportunity to have so many different people in my classes during the month of January. What makes it even better has been that most of them have resigned for another month of my classes - I won't say the extent a few had to go to to get into my class again. I'll just say that when they told me I was shocked. Spending 5 days a week together for the duration of my stay here so far has meant that we have bonded extremely well and the classes are not those of teacher and student but of families.

On the last day of class for January one of my students Rapperd (that's his English name, not Korean name) asked if we could have a party. So we organised to go out to dinner that night. One of the students, Ginger, a very warm motherly woman, asked us if we would like to go to her house for dinner. She said she would order pizza and fried chicken. We all agreed.

I met Rapperd and Frank at my work when I finished for the day and Salena picked us up from there and drove us to Ginger's house. Ginger had not ordered pizza and fried chicken but had in fact cooked a feast of seafood, prawns and mussels, green bean and strawberry salad, vegetables, beef ribs and chops and so many other yummy foods.
This is just a small sampling of the food she made:


We all had a wonderful night talking, eating and playing Taboo.

Rapperd and Frank:


Ginger:


Salena:


Such a cute group:



I think about how lucky I am to have so many lovely, beautiful, wonderful, welcoming and amazing people in my life right now. I am so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment