Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Excess Baggage Weight Loss Show

Being out of the country has made me realise how much I am out of the loop with what is going on with my friends and family. Luckily for Facebook I have had heaps of regular updates. One friend, a beautiful woman Sarah, started a weight loss and overall health and fitness regime journey on Australian TV. The show she is on is called Excess Baggage which pairs regualr Australians with celebrities as they all try to gain a better level of health and fitness. Unlike The Biggest Loser it is promoted as a show which is less like a compulsory bootcamp and places more emhasis on personal choice and drive. It doesn't merely require contestants to lose the most amount of weight, but to boost one's health. Therefore the judging is not simply based on weight loss but overall improvement in health and fitness.

I tried visiting the Channel Nine website to stream the videos but unfortunately they don't play outside of Australia. I did, however, find a Youtube channel that streams complete episodes. Here is episode one.


Paired up with a previous winner from Australian Idol, Sarah is on the Pink Team and I wish her all the best. Check out the show!

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/excessbaggage/bios/sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment