Saturday, January 7, 2012

Walking to Work through Kyungsung

Every morning I leave for work at about 6:45am so I can get there by 7:00am. It only takes about 10 minutes to walk but then I have to wait for the elevator and my building is busy, it can take a while. At that time of day, and with it being winter, it's a) way too cold to take photos, and b) pitch black.

I love the area I live in. I have caught the bus and subway to other areas but I feel so comfortable in my area. There is everything you need; cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs, university parks and ovals, many gyms, PC bangs, shops; cosmetics, food, mobile phones, clothing, shoes, discount and variety, Mega Mart you name it. There are street vendors selling cheap food, winter accessories and little bits and pieces. As one of my coworkers from America said, you don't even really need to leave the Kyungsung area. It's an easy walk to Gwangalli beach and the beachside excercise track as well as mountains to hike.

Anyway, here is a photo journey of my trip to work each day. I have to say it looks good of a day but amazing at night. I'll have to blog that another day.

My apartment block.


The street I live on. There are garbage bags on the path because you have to put things in different types of bags and leave it on the street for collection every couple of days.


Through the first alley, and past the tradition food stores.




Through another alley and on past Modern China restaurant. This restaurant used to be my landmark at first so I knew my way home.



Left at Pukyong National University (I love this uni!) and down the main street. You can see my massive building at the back.



Past restaurants, food stalls and cute cosmetic stores. Unlike Australia where the stores are next to each other on the street unless it is a shopping centre, stores, cafes, restaurants and bars here are on top of each other in buildings so you have to walk up stairs or catch the lift up the the level you want. So you'll see signs that say PC Bang 3F, The 1st Egg 2F etc. Of course, most signs are in Korean so I have no idea what is in the different buildings.





'Is that a man in the background advertising cosmetics?' I hear you ask. Yes. Mostly male celebrities are used in advertisements at cosmetic stores. Last year when I was here on holidays it was mainly DBSK members. The guy hiding in the back there is none other than Park Geun Suk from You're Beautiful. I liked the drama but he's a bit girly.

And I finally get to my work.


That's my daily trip through Kyungsung:)

No comments:

Post a Comment