Monday, January 2, 2012

Relaxing After Work Watching Ring Ring Bell

Today was my first full day of work at my company and it felt like a really long day. I had 7 classes, 50 minutes each starting at 7:40am and finishing at 5:00pm. During the day I have 10 minutes between each class and 2 x one hour breaks. I don't mind this. The first break is good to eat during and the second to get my photocopying and planning done for the next day.

The first three days of term are not set. Students can change classes if it is too hard or easy for them so I could end up with different people by Thursday. Having said that, I have some really amazing and funny people in my classes who I don't want to see go. Once I know what my classes are like I'll blog about my schedule then. Until that time I want to sleep in this cold weather.

Coming out of work tonight all I wanted to do was go back to my apartment and curl up in bed with the internet and watch tv. Over the past week I have had more of a tolerance for the cold. Maybe because I was out and about the other days and was used to it, whereas today I had been in a heated building for 10 hours and tired after the first day of work.

Anyway, I did just that. Came home, got into my pjs and have not gotten out from under my quilt for 3 hours. I am currently watching a Taiwanese Drama called Ring Ring Bell.

It's a romantic drama about a woman who was infected with some virus and quarantined in the hospital. This guy goes into the hospital and photographs the people who are not allowed out of quarantine. She is one of them. They start an unusual friendship. She had only ever seen him with a medical mask on so they never really met properly. Coming out of hospital, he invites her to his photography exhibit and they meet again. There is an interest from both sides in the opposite person but due to a misunderstanding they end up with different people.

Cut to a few years later, he is getting a divorce and she has split from her long term boyfriend and raising her daughter by herself. It's not really her biological daughter but a girl who was orphaned as a baby who she raised with the boyfriend. Needless to say they meet up again only he does not know who she is as she is meant to be this ugly, bedraggled, unkempt single mum. Of course, this is an Asian drama so even though she is meant to look horrible, she's actually gorgeous. Anyway, she recognises him but does not reveal her identity.

It's a typical drama, I am sure she hides her identity, they fall in love, the exp-partners come back in to try to get back with them, they refuse, he finds out who she is and they think it is fate. I am only up to episode 4 but I think I have seen so many of these dramas I should be writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment