Sunday, January 1, 2012

1, 2 or 3? Pay in Installments.

Today when I went to Mega Mart to buy a few things for the apartment and some groceries the bill came to about 60,000 won. In Australia dollars that's roughly $50. When I handed the girl my eftpos card she asked me '1, 2 or 3?'. I had no idea what she was talking about so I just said '1'.

As I was walking home some guys helped me carry the stuff I had bought and they explained that you could pay in installments. You could pay all at once as I did, or they could charge you installments over 3 months. I guess they just halve the bill if you want to pay it over two installments and so on. I don't know if they charge interest or some fee for the service.

I don't quite know what to think of this. I guess for some people it would be better for them to spread their payments out over a few installments so they don't have to use a credit card and ring up a whole lot of interest. On the other hand, if you started asking for them to break the bill down over a period of time, how would you ever remember what was coming out month by month?

No comments:

Post a Comment