Thursday, January 19, 2012

설날 Lunar New Year is coming

It's only one day away from the Lunar New Year public holiday 설날 and I have been invited to go skiing for the weekend and to stay at Giman oppa's parents house. But I am going to do the most important thing; I am seeing my sweet, beautiful, incredibly kind and funny friend Misook. I met Misook in Australia when she was working in Sydney for a year and we have stayed in contact ever since. This will be the first time I will have seen her in over ONE YEAR. It's been that long since she returned to Korea. I have missed her!

So on Friday night after work I am heading to Sasang to catch an intercity bus from Busan to Goseong. She will come pick me up at the bus terminal with her brother and I can't wait to see her. I will stay with her at her parents house. I am nervous and excited. I should buy a present for her parents for 설날 but I am not sure what. I might have to make a trip to Mega Mart to pick something up tonight.

As I was leaving work tonight one of the office ladies gave me a 설날 gift from my company. It was a great gift and it means I won't have to buy toothpaste, soap or body wash for ages.


No comments:

Post a Comment