Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Converse to Koreans = Thongs to Aussies

Cons are worn all over the world and there is no denying that they are popular in Australia, but I have never seen a higher concentration of Converse wearers than in Korea. My feet were starting to feel jealous. I couldn't have that so I bought my first ever pair of Cons. I have officially started my Korean conversion.


The other thing I love in Korea is the Konglish jumpers and just plain weird clothing. At Mega Mart the other day I picked up my first cutesy Korean sweater sporting the very insightful suggestion that 'Every man has a fool in his sleeve'.


Bianca, my co-worker, picked up the cutest, and when I say cutest I mean ugliest, jumper with wooly arms. That's it. Sweater material with wooly arms. Now there is something weird in the air in Korea. What you wouldn't be caught dead wearing at home is actually trendy here. I love it. I have officially started my collection. Now I just have to go on a girly shop for the weird and wonderful Korean fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment